Social Icons

Sunday 14 October 2012

Week 5 Red Skin Flare Up

On Wednesday I had a very stressful day at work, I could feel myself deteriorating from midday and by the time I got home I was very uncomfortable, I knew this was the start of a flare up,my chest was red and tender, itchy and sore. The next day was worse, my chest became weepy, only a very thin layer of skin remained on my upper chest and I could feel it pulling away from my body as I lay under warm blankets. For 4 days I did absolutely nothing but lay on the couch. Splits in my skin; underarms, elbows, heels and chest made moving uncomfortable and all the areas that were non-weepy were creating massive amounts of dry hard skin. Today is Monday morning, and whilst I'm improved to the point where I m not weepy, I'm still uncomfortable, itchy and not wanting to go into the office. My hands are bright red, that continues all the way up my arms. My face is very red, yet at least smooth (no dry peeling bits). Overall I look like I'm on fire... it's not a good look

2 comments:

  1. Josh, thank you so much for sharing your journey, and a huge congratulations on your 1 month milestone!! Hi, my name is Simone and I have a 16 year old son, Bill, going through cortisone and Steroid withdrawal too. Around July 1, 2012, I stopped Bills cortisone treatment, accidently kick starting his withdrawal!! So I scoured the internet and stumbled across ITSAN, thankfully!!...and this has lead us to your blog. Josh discovering your blog has been a great find for us,(and we are so close, we live in Stawell, about 3 hours west of Melbourne). I look forward to reading about your road to recovery, and the helpful tips you and others are posting, and hope we may chat one day. I wish you courage and strength every day. Cheers Simone & Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Simone,

    You are most welcome, it's a pleasure ot meet another Australian going through the same thing. It has only been 5 weeks, but it has been an up and down ride as I am sure you are aware.

    If you ever want to chat, or catch up, my mobile number is 0402844409, or feel free to contact me via other methods such as Facebook, skype or my blog.

    I strongly believe in strength in numbers and sharing information. There isn't much out there, so anything we discover is worth sharing.

    ReplyDelete